Sunday, July 22, 2012

Catfish Campaign, Day 22, Newsletters


Newsletters. Subscribe to others and create your own. Recently I subscribed to All Mystery E- Newsletter http://allmysteryenewsletter.com/ because I’m so excited about my soon to be released mystery, THE RHYME’S LIBRARY.

 And because I tried to pattern my books after Debbie Macomber, I subscribe to her newsletter. It was in her 20th of March newsletter that I read the knock my socks off news that Ms. Macomber was beginning the Rose Harbor series. Here’s the blurb that sent me into hyperventilation.

My Dear Friends,
I'm blessed with an abundance of good news—

The first tidbit is that I've just had my first peek at the lovely cover Random House has designed for my launch book with them, The Inn at Rose Harbor, which goes on sale under the Ballantine imprint on August 14. Their talented art department did a stellar job capturing the essence of this story, which launches my new Rose Harbor Inn series. 

For those who don’t know, I published A GHOST OF A SECOND CHANCE, the first in my Rose Arbor series, which like Ms. Macomber's series is set in a small town in the state of Washington, on March 7, 2012. If Ms. Macomber had published her newsletter a month earlier, I would have changed the name of my series, even though I mention the town of Rose Arbor in my 2011 published novel, STEALING MERCY and I have two more partially completed Rose Arbor books.

So, yeah. I think newsletters are important.

No comments:

Post a Comment