Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Playing Blog Tag







What is a blog tag? A friendly blogger tags you with questions and in turn, you tag others.

What is the working title of your book?  The Rhyme’s Library

Where did the idea come from for the book?  I’m a loser…meaning that I’m constantly losing things. I really hate this about myself, wish I was more organized and more focused, less head in the clouds and more head in the moment. And I thought about what it would be like to lose someone, of something…and of course, we lose people and relationships all the time. The Rhyme’s Library is about a librarian who loses her aunt’s dead body.

What genre does your book fall under? Mystery with a dash of romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? I have their pictures on my pinterest board (so fun-- check it out http://pinterest.com/kristinetate/rose-arbor-a-series-of-mystery-and-romance/)

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? It’s murder by the book when a small town librarian loses her crazy aunt’s dead body.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? I’m an indie author (so that my books will be around for my great-grandchildren to read.)

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? I spent three years writing The Rhyme’s Library and then it spent five years sitting in a drawer. I resurrected it, spit and polished it and in August I published it.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? I’m a big fan of Mary Stewart and Barbara Michaels. I also love Lauren Willig and Sarah Addison Allen

Who or What inspired you to write this book? I’m not sure, but when I started I was talking a class at a local college from a brilliant writer and I wanted to knock his socks off. The class started without about 50 people and the teacher was so brutal, that by the end of the semester there were only 15 who remained. I never asked, but since I took the class repeatedly, and witnessed the same pattern over and over again, I began to suspect that he intentionally bullied people so that they would drop the class. After my first critique, I went out to my car to cry. After that short bout of self pity, I decided that I would learn everything I could, that I was stronger than him and if he could help my writing, I would stay. I know of several best selling writers that are survivors of his class.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? This is a word-person type book. Every chapter begins with a word of the day—so if you like words (and if you have been reading this long, I assume that you do) you will like The Rhyme’s Library. Also, all of my Rose Arbor books are set in my home town of Arlington, Washington (aka Rose Arbor.) I like to think that maybe someday, the local merchants will thank me for driving my loyal readers to Arlington’s main street.

Here are the links to a few of my talented friends' blogs:
Gail Zuniga www.gailzuniga.blogspot.com
Lizanne B. Sowards http://shadowsofmontsegur.blogspot.com/
Victoria https://www.facebook.com/ArchangelPhotos?fref=ts
Claudine http://yournestdesign.blogspot.com/2012/07/charcoal-gray-master-suite.html
http://authorsofmainstreet.wordpress.com/ (I'll admit that I'm cheating with this one. I'm one of the thirteen authors that contribute to this blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment