Monday, April 14, 2014

Popular Blog Posts, exposing the underbelly of my blog

It’s curious why some posts are more interesting to the world than others. Some posts I think are quite good are basically ignored while others that are neither insightful or witty for some inexplicable reason pick up traction. Here are the top five most viewed posts on my blog, http://kristystories.blogspot.com/

Sep 16, 2011, 19 comments
2380 page views
                                                                                                                 
Aug 8, 2013, 3 comments
2119 page views
                                                                                                                 
May 10, 2013, 3 comments
1929 page views
                                                                                                                 
Sep 24, 2012, 5 comments
1258 page views
                                                                                                                 
May 1, 2013, 1 comment
998 page views



And the audience! For awhile I had a host of Russians reading my blog. Vlads and Omars were leaving comments. I personally don’t know anyone currently living in Russia, nor do I know any Vlads or Omars, and I don’t know why the Russians would be more interested in my blog than the Belgians. Here are the stats from the top five countries that follow my blog.
United States

44061
Russia

10521
France

3648
Germany

2475
United Kingdom

1853
It’s not surprising that the posts that are the most helpful are also the most popular….That might be a good life lesson, as well. If you want to be popular, be helpful. That's something everyone should learn in grade school.
In an effort to be increasingly helpful, for the next three months, I’m donating all of the proceeds from my Rose Arbor books to the Oso Relief fund. Oso is a tiny community on the outskirts of my home town, Arlington, Washington, the fictionalized setting of my Rose Arbor books. (Read my blog post on my decision.http://bit.ly/1hDqCls) And to make donating easy, for a limited time A Ghost of a Second Chance, the first in the series is now only .99 cents.
Because, as my mom used to say, when you’re helping you’re happy. And I'm more than happy to help the victims of the Oso mudslide.
Image
Click on photo for purchasing link.

No comments:

Post a Comment