Thursday, October 16, 2014

ANCESTORS--A LOVE LETTER



I'm so excited. In a few days, the Authors of Main Street will re-release our boxed set, Christmas on Main Street, and to sweeten an already sweet deal (13 books by 13 authors for .99) we're going to also offer a companion decorating book. This is the "craft" I'll be featuring.

Some will say it's not a craft, per se, but I made mine and I love it. Even it's merely a fill in the blank sort of project. No sewing, paints, or glue required.
This is in my hallway. Here's the chart close up.

I actually drew this chart and with a ruler and compass, it's pretty easy. It goes back 8 generations. I used a the computer to print out the words (not the names, you'll have to do that by hand) and then took it to Staples to have it copied on a nice sheet of paper. (I don't have a copy machine this size.)

But, if you don't want to draw your own fan, you can find one already made at https://familysearch.org/blog/en/printing-fan-chart/. There are also a number of charts you can find online. Just google genealogy fan chart. This is the same site where you can research your ancestors. But I have to warn you, once you start you may get addicted and up with something like this:

This is hard to see, but it's my husband's family. Their line has been followed all the way back to Adam and Eve. (I'm sure mistakes have been made.)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed. There was a chart in my grandmother's bible that had belonged to her mother. My dad gave it to another family member and now it is lost. ARGH!!!

    I've thought about doing it, but why? My children don't care. The grandchildren don't seem to be the least bit interested in it.

    I attempted to find information on my husband's grandfather's family because my father-in-law wanted some information. It's no easy task and so many records were destroyed during WWII in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we find our ancestors because there is a part of them in each of us. Without them, we wouldn't even exist. And we all are indebted to them in some way

    ReplyDelete